The Coché Center in the Media
In the Public Eye
This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. Dr. Judith Coche is a Clinical Psychologist who gives us pointers about how to use the power of love to create greater happiness in our lives. Based on research in Positive Psychology and Psychotherapy, Judith tells us that the greatest human need is to love, so skillful loving creates the foundation for happiness.
Selected Media Appearances:
The Today Show, August 2007
Shortly after New York Times Magazine published
"Can This Marriage Be Saved?," Dr. Coché joined
Laurie Abraham in a joint interview on
The Today Show. For the video of this presentation,
The Oprah Winfrey Show
Joined by the parents of an adolescent daughter, Dr. Coche discussed
the pitfalls and wisdom of "Should we Stay Together for the Sake of the Children".
- "Life After Divorce: Dealing With Anger and Guilt", USA Today: October 8, 1990
- "Saying No To Divorce", The Washington Post: October 5, 1990
- "Love Therapy", Harper's Bazaar: March 1990
- "Getting Along With Your In-Laws", Bridal Guide: November 1990
- "Facing Death", The Philadelphia Inquirer: December 23, 1990
- "In a Relationship, Put Yourself First", The Philadelphia Inquirer: April 21, 1991
- "Mommie Dearest", New Woman Magazine: December 1992
- "Would You Consider It Indecent to Sell Your Sexual Fidelity?", USA Today: April 7, 1993
- "Preventative Medicine", Applause Magazine: January 1993
- "How to Save Your Marriage" (cover story), Philadelphia Magazine: June 1994
- "I was Divorced by 25", Cosmopolitan: March 2000
- "Honey I Shrunk the Kids", Country Living: June 1990
- "The Hit or Miss of Love at First Sight", US Airways Attach Magazine: February 2002
- "Making Life Work", Cape May Country Herald invited editorial series, 2007-Present
- Jersey Paw Prints invited editorial series, 2006-2007
- "Children and Pornography", TIME magazine,
- "Can this Marriage be Saved?", The New York Times Magazine, August 2007
- "Love Skill Set", The Philadelphia Inquirer, Feb 14th. 2008
- "He's Just Not That Into Your Hamachi", The Washington Post, March 2009
The New York Times Magazine Cover Story: Can This Marriage Be Saved?
Making Life Work:
Educating the Public About Mental Health
Twice Monthly Column, The Cape May County Herald
Dedicated to bringing the best of mental health to the public, Dr. Coché noticed that many residents of Cape May County seemed less knowledgeable about their own mental health than their physical health needs. Invited by the paper's editor in 2009, Dr. Coché began to write a twice monthly column focusing on issues of concern for all mental health consumers. To read the columns, visit capemaycountyherald.com and search Judith Coche or Making Life Work in the Print Archives.
Media Order Form:
Click on the link below to fill out an order form. Once completed, email your form to place your order!
Ordering From the Coche Center
Events and Workshops